Tuesday 26 February 2013

Burdock salad
































  I have already revealed, in one of the previous posts, how much I appreciate burdock root.   As I have promised, here is some information of what I know about this super root.
  It is rich in calcium, potassium, vitamin C, magnesium, it purifies the blood, it is good for the skin... You name it...
  The first time I ate burdock I felt that my taste buds were into "nirvana". I loved it! But I must confess that here at home, my family, though they like it, they don't share the same passion as I do...

  If you want to try the burdock salad that I prepared, rush to Príncipe Real Bio Market, here in Lisbon, as the last ones are there to sell...































Ingredients:
1/2 burdock root
1 large carrot
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
salt to taste































Wash the burdock and remove the skin.
Cut it into thin strips and steam until it is soft but not too much.
Wash the carrot, cut it into strips and steam until slightly soft.
Heat a pan and add the oil. Add the burdock and mix for 2 minutes then add the carrot and combine well.
Add the seeds and season it with salt. Taste and cook for 1 or 2 minutes more.

Bon appétit!

© veggie delicious food, February 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment